- Over 11 years of publshing experience, 3 years of photography experience
- Designed all aspects of a magazine, e.g. features, front covers, news, infographics, illustrations and advertising
- Proficient in photographical retouching using Adobe Photoshop
- Fully trained in iPad design using Adobe Digital Publishing Suite
- Experience of managing designers and freelance designers
- Highly experienced with a variety of content management systems, e.g. Censhare and Content Station
- Photography experience includes Top Gear, Evo, Modern Classics, BIKE and Performance Bikes
Since July 2013
Clients include Bauer Media, Dennis Publishing, IPC Media/Time Inc, Haymarket Media Group, Bright Publishing, BPG Media and Blockhead Media. I have designed work around a wealth of topics including motoring, sport and lifestyle.
Senior Designer, Evo Magazine, Dennis Publishing
July 2008 to July 2013
At Evo Magazine I had the opportunity to be very creative, with the combination of amazing photography and some of the most well respected writers in the motoring industry. My role was extremely varied and included designing features and front covers, art direction in the office and on location, retouching and designing the interactive iPad edition.
Designer, Motorcycle News, EMAP Automotive/Bauer
April 2006 to July 2008
My first design job after graduating. Being a weekly publication, I learnt all about design and production flow at an extremely quick pace. After 2 years I’d gone from the basics to being trusted by the Art Editor to design any page.
Clients include Top Gear, Evo, Car, Bike, Performance Bike, and Modern Classics.
Photography has always been a huge passion of mine. I have been steadily gaining more clients over the past 3 years. The main body of my portfolio is on-location work for car and bike magazines and websites. I can deliver to any brief from editorial to advertising, and I am happy to help find locations and input to shoot logistics.
Proficient in most Adobe software programs
Adobe InDesign (including tools for iPad design, DPS), Photoshop, Illustrator and Edge (for iPad animation). I’m also experienced with with content management systems such as Smart Connection, Content Station, Elvis and Censhare.
Norwich School of Art and Design
Foundation B-TEC National Diploma: Pass
BA Hons Graphic Design: 2-1